SCUT Alumni America Board Meeting Minutes (01/08/04)
Time: 7 pm ~ 9 pm, January 8, 2004
Location: Cadence¡¯s Conference Room, San Jose
Attendee: Chuchu Chen, George Li, Jingzhen Ouyang, Jackson Zhu, Jinsheng Xiao, Ning Song, Richard Huang, Steve Lin, Shiping Wang, Ted Zeng, and Zhihong Liu.
Jiaqiang Wang and Rongzhang Guang attended the meeting by invitation.
Asked for excused: Bob Hui, Lei Zou, Science Chen, Wenfu Lo, and Yongnan Xuan,
Absent: Imin Zeng and Tao Luo
The attendee discussed the following:
1. Review action items indicated in last board meeting minutes
All action items indicated in last board meeting minutes have been closed.
2. Letterhead and Envelop of SCUTAA Design (by Jiaqiang)
¡́ Approve the design of the letterhead and envelop of SCUTAA. The address line at the bottom of the letterhead should be replaced by the email address and web site of SCUTAA.
3. Registration Status (by Steve Lin)
¡́ SCUTAA is waiting for State's approval as 501 (c)(7) (tax exempt) organization.
¡́ Will consider the application as tax-deductible organization after we gain the tax-exempt approval.
4. Financial status (Jackson Zhu)
¡́ Reviewed and approved the financial report.
¡́ Current account balance is $3,911.50.
5. Web Administration (Ted Zeng and Chuchu Chen)
¡́ Update the content of the Web Site at lest bimonthly.
¡́ Check SCUTAA account email biweekly. Update the address book and Yahoo group email account.
¡́ Update the financial status on the web site.
6. Reassign Duties (Everyone)
¡́ George Li will be in charge of the Finance Group.
¡́ Jackson Zhu will be responsible for the web design and HTML portion of the SCUTAA Web Site while Ted Zeng will be responsible for the server portion.
¡́ Jinsheng Xiao will be the acting Secretary General while Zhiyang Huang is out of town.
7. Suggestion of SCUTAA Activities
¡́ Seminar - finance management, family decoration, carrier information, ¡
¡́ Sport event ¨C may have a table tennis competition around the middle of this year.
8. Chinese New Year Party (Shiping Wang)
¡́ Will have a Chinese New Year party on February 8, 2004 at a restaurant.
¡́ Budget: $400
¡́ Activities: Chinese riddles (fully supported by Mrs. Guang), lunch, ¡
1. Replace the address line at the bottom of the letterhead by the email address and web site of SCUTAA (Jiaqing).
2. Include the letterhead to a popular editable format such as Word (Jackson)
3. Update the financing report on the web site (Jackson)
4. Update the content of the Web Site at lest bimonthly (Jackson, Ted).
5. Check SCUTAA account email biweekly. Update the address book and Yahoo group email account. (Richard).
6. Transfer the financial information to George (Jackson, George)
7. Prepare the Chinese New Year Party (Shiping, Bob, and the Event team)
8. Send out a greeting and invitation email to the alumni for the party before Chinese New Year (Jinsheng)
9. Contact other alumni associations and Chinese organizations in Bay Area and selectively forward the email to board member or all alumni (Ning Song)
10. Contact the board member who have not communicated with the board for a while (Chuchu, Jingzhen, and George)
11. Collect the biography of new board member candidates and supplement board members (Ning Song)